Snowdon Sherpa Bus - advice required!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 lurcheowilson 08 Sep 2014
Hi All, was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the current sitiuation wth the Sherpa bus up in Snowdonia. I visited in early August and was informed that the bus service was in chaos as the company that originally ran it had shut down. Anyone used the bus in the last week or two as planning to use it this week between Betws-y-coed and Llanberis.
In reply to lurcheowilson:

Google is your friend on this one. There are buses running but they aren't as frequent and don't run into the evening.

If you are able to, you might be better off staying near Llanberis.
 Wingnut 08 Sep 2014

Timetable here:
http://www.conwy.gov.uk/upload/public/attachments/610/sherpaconwy_179.pdf

Can see lots more people hitching down from Pen-y-Pass in the evenings ...
llechwedd 08 Sep 2014

Arriva Bus stepped in when Padarn Bus folded. I know that they've not run the Ogwen valley - Capel Curig link since then.
I'm not sure if the rest of the Sherpa bus is running as normal.
 cymjt 08 Sep 2014

I was discussing this just a couple of hours ago with a friend...

...since Padarn Bus folded the bus service in North Wales has been shocking...It's nearly impossible to get to the mountains from anywhere other than Llanberis (and Betws, to an extent). And the last bus from Llanberis to Bangor is now 4:30pm, so that's the end of hill days by public transport for a lot of people I know living just outside of the mountains.

Hopefully a new company will step in and sort this right old shambles out soon, but as it stands, the bus service is no use nor ornament for us mountain going folk...
 steveriley 10 Sep 2014
I used it up the pass from Llanberis to Pen-y-Pass recently without a problem. This was with the replacement operator.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...