Cleaning burnt food out of a jet boil

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 rockwing 07 Sep 2014
I "over-cooked" some porridge this morning in my jetboil and gave the inside a lovely new black colour to the bottom. Best tip to get rid of it besides elbow-grease?
 wilkie14c 08 Sep 2014
In reply to lewismansell:
Wire wool mate. I love my aging JB and found that if any water is left in the pot after brewing up then when you stack the gas and burner head back inside the bottom rim of the gas has rusted and stained the bottom of the pan, wire wool cleans it nicely. Now I simply run the burner for a couple of seconds before putting everything back inside it, this will evaporate any water leaving it rust free next time.
The JB isn't the best for cooking though, look out for instant porridge in the styles of pot noodles next time
Post edited at 11:17
J1234 08 Sep 2014
Soak overnight in some water mixed with Bio washing powder, then some washing up liquid with Sugar, should get it sparkling, and is less abrasive than wire wool. If that does not work, use oven cleaner like Mr Muscle then the soap and sugar.
Post edited at 15:48

Ovenbrite did mine wonders. looked like new when I rinsed it!
 Reach>Talent 08 Sep 2014

That vanish pink stuff did a fairly good job of mine. Biological washing powder works as well.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...