Top Climbing Photo Query

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FactorXXX 07 Sep 2014
 Jon Read 07 Sep 2014
In reply to FactorXXX:

Does it matter?
 deacondeacon 07 Sep 2014
In reply to FactorXXX:
The top photo on ukc is whichever picture has been voted highest by users of the site, not necessarily one that would win photography awards.
The hand could have easily been sorted on Photoshop, but was left in as the photographer thought it was quite cool.
I'd personally be well pleased with that shot.
In reply to deacondeacon:

>>The hand could have easily been sorted on Photoshop

....or he could just have re-taken the image at a different exposure...
 Mr Lopez 07 Sep 2014
In reply to FactorXXX:

That's just how it came out in the photo from the camera not being able to deal with such high contrast. When you zoom in the 'sunny' bit of the hand is just pure white.

It could possibly be 'fixed' in photoshop, but it would take 'painting' a hand on top as there's pretty much no information in that bit of the image, and i quite liked it like that anyway. Thought it looked cool how the hand is just crossing the light/shadow line.
 Mr Lopez 07 Sep 2014
In reply to FactorXXX:

Noticed you also 'enquired' on a comment. I'm away now, but when i get home i'll fish the original file from the memory card and will post a snapshot of it for your peace of mind
 Fraser 07 Sep 2014
In reply to FactorXXX:

It's a great photo, not sure how I'd manage to miss seeing it so far, so thanks for flagging it up.

The hand is burnt out as it's the only part of the guy's body in the sun (aprt from a fraction of his forehead) and by far the lightest element of the highlights which are in the sun. The photo is exposed for the rest of the image overall so it's perfectly understandable it's bleached.

Cracking shot Mr Lopez!

Trangia 07 Sep 2014
In reply to FactorXXX:

Does it have to be sorted? It goes with the title, the hand is reaching into the sunlight from the shade. If it was my photo I'd be well pleased with it as it is

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...