Best replacement for Solomon Super Mountain 9 boots

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Blizzard 01 Sep 2014
Recommendations please.
 Bloodfire 01 Sep 2014
In reply to Blizzard:

How about some scarpa phantoms or some La Sportiva Nepals?

I'm after a a new pair and would definitely look that these two bad boys, though as i'm sure everyone would tell you, fit is the most important thing... then looking cool then somewhere down the list is cost. These shoes last so long (as demonstrated by the Solomons you talk of, they are a long term investment item and one to look at every now and again and thing "bloody can't wait to get these bad boys on again... bring on the winter"

OP Blizzard 02 Sep 2014
In reply to Bloodfire:

Scarpa fit does not suit me. I will just have to look at the latest Solomon's, but I refuse to spend £300 on boots. Ebay, here I come.
 Skol 02 Sep 2014
In reply to Blizzard:
Get some more off eBay?
There's a pair of size 44's on there now for £85, which look in good nick.
I sold some recently for £50 which had only been used a few times.
crisp 02 Sep 2014
In reply to Blizzard:

eBay or UKC Forums is the answer. I have two spare pairs (bought at reasonable prices) in the loft from eBay..
 Y Gribin 02 Sep 2014
In reply to Blizzard:

My Super Mountain 9s gave up the ghost recently and I was gutted: they're the best boots I've ever owned. I couldn't find anything that fitted (La Sportiva and Asolo too narrow; Scarpa just wrong) so I ended up with Mammut Monoliths. No where near as robust, but the only thing that fitted:
http://www.livefortheoutdoors.com/Gear-Reviews/Search-Results/Footwear/Mamm...

One assistant did tell me Salomon might be about to start making 4-season boots again.......
Removed User 04 Sep 2014
In reply to Blizzard:

really? they must be a good 10 years old - £30 a year...that leather doesn't stitch itself, you know! mine are on their 3 soles but have been relegated to my spare boots...
ylem 04 Sep 2014
In reply to Y Gribin:

I have wide (toes area) feet too and going to buy Scarpa (Guide or 6000)
What's wrong with Scarpa in your opinion?
 Y Gribin 04 Sep 2014
In reply to ylem:

I find the heel box too big. I've tried a few fixes (because I do like their boots) but always find too they have too much volume - especially at the back.
 Mr Fuller 04 Sep 2014
In reply to Blizzard:

The North Face S6Ks will probably fit you: Salomons fit me very well too, and Scarpa, Sportiva, Asolo don't. Raichle/Mammut are good for me as well, but I don't think any of their boots are as good as TNF's (seriously). S6Ks are on sale in a few places at the moment.
OP Blizzard 08 Sep 2014
In reply to Mr Fuller:

S6K's got my vote, tried a pair on yesterday, very lightweight. At £220 on-line a real snip I think.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...