A tent or bivouac above the Weissmies Hut.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 goatee 28 Aug 2014
Just a quick question. The last time I was up above the Weissmies hut I saw plenty of evidence/places where people had stayed the night. I wouldn't mind bringing my tent up for a couple of nights and foregoing the delights of hut life. Is it possible??. I realise you couldn't leave it up throughout the day so I could hide it while I'm climbing. Any info greatly appreciated.
 David Gainor 28 Aug 2014
In reply to goatee:

Hey

I've camped by many huts in the Alps, it's fine. Enjoy!
 Simon4 28 Aug 2014
In reply to goatee:
If you find a suitable bivi above a hut (out of sight of it that is, doesn't have to be far away, just around the corner or on the next morain), it is very unlikely anyone will bother you. There are plenty of bivi rings of stone, also people quite often put tents up in them. It is highly unlikely that the hut people will rush out in the day to try to persecute you, though of course people setting out on routes will see your tent, but they are very unlikely to interfere with your setup.
Post edited at 21:22
 DannyC 29 Aug 2014
In reply to goatee:

You'll be fine. I was up in that area last week and there are quite a few good spots for bivis/small tents, including some quite high up to the north of the Hohsaas lift station. Obviously worth staying a decent distance away from the huts, for both you and the hut-goers. Have fun.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...