Jetboil Sol Ti not recommended

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 markb123 22 Aug 2014
Just a warning on this product: Mine caught alight whilst cooking. We were attempting the Cuillin ridge. It could have potentially been disasterous if it had caught my sleeping bag or bag. I am still not exactly sure why. The original Jetboil is a fantastic product. The supplier did not offer any feedback as to what could be the cause - further internet research into the Ti model and this seems to be a common issue. Buy the original and not this model.
 ColdWill 22 Aug 2014
In reply to markb123:

Mine did a similar thing after I put soop in it and cooked the base. Ti is for water only, you have to be carful with snow as well as you can get an air gap between the base and the snow. I bought a replacement sol Alu mug, much better.
needvert 22 Aug 2014
In reply to markb123:

I've heard a lot of negative things. That there would be complications in the implementation of that design isn't entirely unexpected.
 Mike Nolan 22 Aug 2014
In reply to markb123:

What were you cooking at the time?
OP markb123 22 Aug 2014
In reply to Mike Nolan:

Heating water.we use those new zealand (back country) dry food cooking packs.
 ColdWill 22 Aug 2014
In reply to markb123:

Mine was done about a week before I noticed it. I was boiling some water when a bit of the fluxring dropped of burning. It was slowly working its way along melting the solder then overheating and burning. Once the damage is done it just gets worse, maybe it can start with a bad solder.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...