Rock climbers in action in Snowdonia

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 PGD 21 Aug 2014
Hi
I'm trying to find out how much a copy of Rock climbers in action in Snowdonia is really worth. Dust cover is a bit tatty and two stamps inside showing it was an old library book. Otherwise al pages in excellent condition.
I've really no idea how much this is worth. There seem to be a few silly prices being asked bty book shops online.
Any help appreciated
Cheers
 Sean Kelly 21 Aug 2014
In reply to PGD:

It all depends on the condition. i have a friend who buys 2 copies of every book so one is kept in pristine condition. Nutty, I know!
 Co1in H 21 Aug 2014
In reply to PGD:

A mate of mine paid £50 about ten years ago for an ex library copy with dust wrapper. If the wrapper has no library marks on it that may well be the worth of the book.
 mattsccm 22 Aug 2014
In reply to Co1in H:

If you don't want it I do. Regret not stealing the school copy 35 years ago.
Selling it?
email me at mattsccm AT fsmail DOT net
 Jim Walton 22 Aug 2014
In reply to PGD:

If the dust wrapper is in good condition I would make you an offer.
 John H Bull 22 Aug 2014
In reply to PGD:
Swop you for my spare copy of the Barclay James Harvest live lp. Or a tenner, up to you.
In reply to PGD:

'kin 'ell, mine is worth a fortune! 1967 reprint, dustcover, all pages intact. Only ever been on my shelves.
 Co1in H 23 Aug 2014
In reply to unclesamsauntibess:

A fortune is being asked, but check in three months time. How many copies will still be there? most if not all I suspect.
An advertised price is only "an invitation to purchase". Not what the book is worth.
In reply to Co1in H:
> A fortune is being asked, but check in three months time. How many copies will still be there? most if not all I suspect.

> An advertised price is only "an invitation to purchase". Not what the book is worth.

no shit sherlock......? anything is only worth what the buyer is willing to pay........never heard that?
Post edited at 10:35
 Co1in H 23 Aug 2014
In reply to unclesamsauntibess:

You are really rude. There is no need to "talk" to me or anyone else in this manner. This was a friendly informative thread until you posted.
If you read my post carefully I would have thought that you could determine that I was agreeing with the middle part of your sentence.
In reply to PGD:
It is worth what it means to you to appreciate it. I have several books that were formative in my understanding of climbing that I would never part with ie they are priceless. The English Outcrops, High Peak and The Black Cliff are a start. These and a few others less rare form a great library that I will never sell. These are my history and Rock Climbers in Action in Snowdonia is another one that inspired me. Take what you want from that.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...