lightweight sleeping bag plus clothes...?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
neilus 21 Aug 2014
Hi guys
Quick question: sleeping bag rated with comfort 17°, limit 12°, extreme 5° plus multiple base layers, midweight fleece, Montane prism, hat, gloves - what low temps do you think you could manage with that? Packing for Kyrgyzstan and trying to avoid taking my big 1.5kg 3 season bag if possible! POssibly a few nights at 3000m or more but i can rent a bag for that, in all probability will be camping in valleys at 1700m-ish as a base for trekking...
Any answers really appreciated, i fly at 21:00 tonight !
Cheers
Neil
 Timmd 21 Aug 2014
In reply to neilus:
Being cold is really grim. What's the weight difference between the two sleeping bags you've a choice of taking with you?
Post edited at 11:47
 jkarran 21 Aug 2014
In reply to neilus:

I'd rather be comfortable and carry an extra 500g personally.
jk
neilus 21 Aug 2014
about 800g and im really struggling for space...!
 top cat 21 Aug 2014
In reply to neilus:

Clothes work but only if you can be sure they will be dry............
neilus 21 Aug 2014
taking the 3 season, better safe than sorry!
cheers
 Hannes 21 Aug 2014
In reply to neilus:

I've had some truly grim nights out before I got 'ol fatty (Rab alpine 600). I have slept in -15 with a single z-lite roll mat and a +4 comfort temp down bag. The morning after I was completely destroyed and there were bits of ice in the dimples, even underneath me. I had to put on all the clothes I had with me and stick my feet in my rucksack (surprisingly warm actually). Now if this happened while out on a trek it would probably ruin the rest of the trip.

And now I realised you are probably at the airport...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...