waterproof approach shoe recommendations??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 robhowell 12 Aug 2014

As above really, a lot of them aren't lined as I guess they are european/american brands. Could do with having a decent climbing edge on the front with a bit of stiffness for scrambles/easy climbing. Cheers,

Rob
 Kai 12 Aug 2014
In reply to robhowell:

Salewa goretex Firetail.
OP robhowell 22 Aug 2014
In reply to robhowell:

thanks for the reply Kai, I'll check it out
 CurlyStevo 22 Aug 2014
In reply to robhowell:

None of these waterproof shoes remain waterproof for long IMO maybe 50% of the life span of the sole of the shoe if you are lucky.
 TraverseKing 22 Aug 2014
In reply to robhowell:

La Sportiva Xplorer (the goretex version, but not the Xplorer Mid), got a pair form Italy - very confi, waterproof and stiff
Salewa MS Wild fire GTX - same as the la sportiva just better looking
Im very happy with both of these shoes
 AlanLittle 22 Aug 2014
In reply to robhowell:

I wear Goretex socks inside my normal shoes if it's really wet. Not a cheap solution in the short term, but saves me gettng sweaty feet from goretex shoes when it's dry, and the socks have lasted me three pairs of shoes so far and still work.
 jwa 22 Aug 2014

I have a pair of Salomon XA Pro 3D Ultra GTX or whatever it is they're called. The waterproofing doesn't last forever, but maybe that's the way I (didn't) look after them very well. I've just bought a new pair as the upper had frayed quite badly. They're very useful for walking the dog when the grass is a bit wet but I'm not doing anything to warrant wellies or walking boots. I've soloed a few very easy climbs in them but they're not particularly stiff. They can get rather warm though.
Post edited at 14:59
In reply to robhowell:

+1 for goretex socks. Close second: simple plastic bags.
Scarpa Zen are my current favorite approach shoes.
 NottsRich 26 Aug 2014
In reply to robhowell:

Honest question - why do you want waterproof approach shoes?
 BnB 26 Aug 2014
In reply to NottsRich:

To keep my feet dry. Next question.
 BnB 26 Aug 2014
In reply to robhowell:

My Scarpa Vortex absolutely refuse to fall apart or ship water, yet have completed the Cuillin ridge (more then once). They have been the performance bargain of the decade.
 geordiepie 26 Aug 2014
In reply to robhowell:

Adidas Terrex Scope fit the bill. Gore-Tex lined with a stealth rubber sole that has enough grip for wet grass.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...