REVIEW: MSR Hubba Hubba NX 2-Person Tent

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 11 Aug 2014
With a door on each side, both campers can have their own entrance and personal storage porch, 3 kbSince its launch ten years ago the Hubba Hubba has proved a popular three-season staple for MSR.

For 2014 this classic two person backpacking tent has had a lightweight makeover...

Dan Bailey likes its space-to-weight ratio.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=6451

steveb2006 11 Aug 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

Good review - I have the similar Hubba Hubba HP (slightly heavier - less mesh in inner) and it is possible to put it up flysheet first if necessary. This is especially straightforward if you have the hubba hubba footprint (about £30 and 30 grams I think) as this has grommets for the poles. OK you would have to hook the inner up from a crouched position under the fly but quite do-able. However it is designed for pitching inner first.
 67hours 11 Aug 2014
In reply to UKC Gear: I'd definitely recommend the Hubba Hubba HP over this NX version, I think its much more suited to the UK's weather. And with the footprint you can pitch fly outer as steveb2006 says, or just the fly alone I believe.

Also found it very roomy in comparison to other 1/2 man tents, especially for the weight!

George

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...