Ama Dablam Oct 2014 - Climbing Partners Wanted

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 will_lake 07 Aug 2014
I am looking for a team member/s for an expedition to climb Ama Dablam this October.

I am much more interested in trying to climb it independently (i.e. leading the climbing sections and establishing our own fixed ropes), rather than just joining a managed trip and just jumaring up to the top.

My mates who I climb with are either too poor or too unfit for this one, so I am keen to see if anyone else out there wants to share a great trip, before I relinquish and join a guided trip.

I have climbed Aconcagua, and a number of the most popular peaks in Peru, Bolivia and Ecuador, as well as Alpine peaks, and more recently getting into trad on home soil.

Would love to hear from anyone who is keen.

Cheers

Will
 clarkie 15 Aug 2014
In reply to will_lake:

Hi Will,

I will be out in Nepal from Mid September onwards with view to joining up on a climb at some point. However my climbing experience is limited.

Trekked a lot in india, mostly independentally
Highest mountain summitted is probably stock kangri-trekking, 20,000 ft peak (Ladakh)
Summitted Mount Kenya(Batian- north face)three days, but that was back in around 2009
Some easy peaks in and around Huraz, a bit of vertical ice climbing, but not too much.

... also on a more somber note I experienced an accident in Peru last summer whilst climbing up to a base of a climb (through glacial Terrain).

I don't have a return flight date so time for me isn't an issue.

Would also be interested in what logistics you have so far gathered for self organizing rather than going through an agency.

I am 47. If this one is not going do you have any other leads for similar climbs in Nepal, self organised.

Best wishes

Jon
 Escher 15 Aug 2014
In reply to will_lake:

You might want to pick a quieter mountain or season than Ama Dablam in October if you want to fix the route yourself. It'll be rammed

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...