Cool short circuit in the impending dark

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 veteye 03 Aug 2014
Had a frustrating weekend including being woken at 4 o'clock this morning,which always means that I am not able to go for a run or bike ride with any real vigour later in the day.Yet at 9.30pm I decided that I was too fraught.So I went for a short circuit and it was just brilliant.

No cars around.Still a subdued light in the mainly clear sky.
Fewer bugs than on many an occasion.Interesting silhouettes as I cruised along the hedgerows and as the fields aspects changed with the road incline.On top of all that a lovely cooling breeze which was just right.Not too cool even with only a t-shirt(It was cooler than of late today).

It did the job.Made me feel much better.
Thank god for exercise triggered endorphin release and simple pleasures.
In reply to veteye:

I like a late evening ride sometimes, on quiet roads all alone in a pool of light from my headlamp with a bit of colour in the sky and shillouets of the hills and trees. Early morning one as it starts to get light and you arrive home ready for the day, is even better. But that doesn't happen very often.
OP veteye 04 Aug 2014
In reply to mountain.martin:

The mornings are less likely to happen as it then requires last minute showering before work;Or should I not worry about being a little sweaty?
:-}

Perhaps I could try to introduce a different gear within my head so that I could go in the morning with a slow approach.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...