Best route across Glasgow this weekend

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Oujmik 30 Jul 2014
Driving to Skye this weekend, will be coming up the M74 and aiming for the A82. Not sure what impact the commonwealth games are having on traffic (and to be honest, the last time I was in Glasgow I managed to go off course a little). Is my best bet just to go straight through onto the M8 and up to J30?
seanmcdill 30 Jul 2014
In reply to Oujmik:

> Is my best bet just to go straight through onto the M8 and up to J30?

Yes.
Even with any games traffic, that's the most sensible route when coming from south.

skog 30 Jul 2014
In reply to Oujmik:

I don't know how bad it will be, but if you want to play it safe you could just go via the M80, past Stirling, and up that way.

From Stirling, either head to Crianlarich, or head up the A9 to Dalwhinnie and across from there - there isn't a huge difference in how long these take.
seanmcdill 30 Jul 2014
In reply to skog:

Hi skog
Interesting. Have you ever compared times for this route and the 'normal' Dumbarton>Balloch>West side of Loch Lomond one?
That bit down past the big golf course and Cameron House can be a right pain going back to Glasgow on a Sunday afternoon and I'd be very interested in an alternative.
OP Oujmik 30 Jul 2014
In reply to seanmcdill:

Google maps seems to think the A9 is only 5 mins slower than Loch Lomond despite being 24 miles longer. I guess the Loch Lomond road is pretty slow, but it would never have occured to me to go such a long way around.
 skog 30 Jul 2014
In reply to seanmcdill:

Going via Stirling is slightly slower on an empty road, but a bit less prone to traffic delays. It all comes down to traffic and roadworks, really.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...