Link between Hillwalking and Environmental Awareness

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
anna_j 18 Jul 2014
I am an undergraduate student at the University of Edinburgh researching the connection between walking outdoors and an increased environmental awareness. Please take a couple of minutes to complete my short questionnaire, answering the questions for the last walk you went on. Here's the link: http://kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=g2x9sxwwflhm0wr391589

Many thanks, your contribution is much appreciated!
 timmyhobby 18 Jul 2014
In reply to anna_j:

hi, just did it, hope it helps
In reply to anna_j:

Done.

I made the task more enjoyable by reading the questions to myself in the voice of Neil from the Young Ones.
 toad 18 Jul 2014
In reply to Turdus torquatus:

Done...But my internal voice was Private Fraser.

Doomed, I tell ye, we're all doooomed
 Doug 18 Jul 2014
In reply to anna_j:

one of the better questionaires posted here, would have preferred to give more than one reply to the question about reason for visit, for me its usually a mixture

Goodluck with the project
 imkevinmc 18 Jul 2014
In reply to anna_j:

Completed. Must have been late in the night when the more maudling questions were designed
anna_j 18 Jul 2014
In reply to Doug:

Hi Doug, many thanks for doing the questionnaire, and for your feedback, it's much appreciated! I know the online survey format is quite restrictive. If you are able to spare the time to email me a more detailed response about the reasons you go walking, that would be really helpful.
Thanks again!
 Simon Caldwell 18 Jul 2014
In reply to anna_j:

"Please answer the questions for the last walk you went on"

Since the questions are about the last walk, presumably it's fairly unlikely that the purpose of visit was cycling?
 Doug 18 Jul 2014
In reply to Simon Caldwell:

& being pedantic, my last walk was either from the coffee machine to my desk, or if it has to be more than a few metres, from the métro to my office

(although I assumed it meant a longish walk in the countryside, which was also mountainous in my case)
 wintertree 18 Jul 2014
In reply to anna_j:

Done.

I'd like to see the results, any chance of them being posted to UKC?

More generally, I'd like to see that as the default behaviour for surveys posted on here...
anna_j 18 Jul 2014
In reply to Simon Caldwell:

Very good point. The survey is designed to be conducted in the field. I'll make some changes! Cheers.
anna_j 18 Jul 2014
In reply to wintertree:

Thankyou very much for sparing the time! Yes, I will make the final report available to those interested. It will be finished by April 2015

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...