Needlesports website is down?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Flatus Vetus 08 Jul 2014
I can't access the Needlesports website, is it just me or is this a known issue?
 Gawyllie 08 Jul 2014
In reply to Flatus Vetus:

i can't get on it either
 Timmd 08 Jul 2014
Works for me.

I'm with BT.
Post edited at 23:59
 PPP 09 Jul 2014

Works for me too, Virgin Media here.

http://www.isup.me/needlesports.com
 gethin_allen 09 Jul 2014
In reply to PPP:

> Works for me too, Virgin Media here.

Not according to me on virgin or ee. Could that site you are linking to be finding the placeholder?
 ewar woowar 09 Jul 2014
In reply to gethin_allen:

Hosting removed aparently
 ewar woowar 09 Jul 2014
In reply to ewar woowar:

Back online just now.

:~))
 1poundSOCKS 09 Jul 2014
In reply to ewar woowar:

Still not available for me.

We are working to get the website back online for everyone. If you need an order sending out ASAP please call the shop on 017687 72227

Sorry for any inconvenience.

goose299 09 Jul 2014

Back working again according to their fb
 Simon Caldwell 09 Jul 2014
In reply to goose299:

still not working for me
In reply to Simon Caldwell:

It's still not working for me at home either - very annoying as I'd rather be outside in this weather. Our website hosting firm say that it's nothing to do with them. Our IT company have discovered that we had two IP numbers registered against the domain name needlesports.com at 123reg.com. They have deleted the one that shouldn't be there but say that it will take time, maybe as much as 24 hours before everyone gets pointed to the correct website. Apparently 123Reg were unable to say where the second number had come from. I have to say I only understand about half of this, but it appears there is nothing more to be done and it should right itself soon. Mind you if it's still not working at 9am tomorrow when I go into work the phone will be red hot!
 mattrm 09 Jul 2014
In reply to Stephen Reid - Needle Sports:

Steve - It's DNS, Domain Name System, which changes (resolves) domain names, eg www.needlesports.com to the IP address (and yours is 62.128.197.91). It looks like there's only one there. So unless someone from your IT company screws up again and adds the wrong IP on to the wrong domain you should be alright.

While I don't rate 123-reg at all as a company, I've never heard of them randomly adding IPs to records. So I'm betting someone outside of 123-reg made a mistake.

If you know how to clear your DNS cache, that will probably fix any DNS related issues you are having.
 IainWhitehouse 09 Jul 2014

Having spoked to Trev earlier, manually typing:

needlesports.com

into browser instead of co.uk (and without www.) seems to work reliably. Entering via a Google search page was strangely hit and miss for me.
In reply to mattrm:

Thank you - the things you have to learn which are nothing to do with climbing gear! I'll look into it tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I am glad to say that it seems to be working now.
 Simon Caldwell 09 Jul 2014
In reply to Stephen Reid - Needle Sports:

working for me now

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...