Consumer research: repellency and outerwear

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
philippa27 08 Jul 2014
Hello!

I am a current MSc student in Textiles and as part of my dissertation project I am researching consumer awareness about consumer apparel and functionality. The short survey is available for anonymous completion until the 2nd August at:
https://www.survey.leeds.ac.uk/repellency
Responses to date have been really interesting. The research is contributing to my Masters project but could go on further to PhD level and be of interest to the industry.

Thank you for taking the time to complete it, Philippa
 Heike 08 Jul 2014
In reply to philippa27:

Good luck. Sounds interesting
 James90 10 Jul 2014
In reply to philippa27:
the question on does it need to be water resistant or water repellent. how long is a piece of string? I use different lengths of string depending on the requirement of the day.
Post edited at 09:50
altirando 18 Jul 2014
In reply to James90:

Good point from James. I have a range of garments for all situations from hot sun to deluge rain. But I do tend to avoid the latter nowadays! If I were doing an alpine climb I would be prepared accordingly but for a hill walks in say Wales in summer I would be wearing the minimum clothing. But perhaps doing a long walk on a fine day I would still carry a very lightweight shell jacket. All the main brands offer functional clothing even though the technology is different - but you get to know the ones that happens to fit you. I suspect most of us put environmental considerations to the backs of our minds when buying the very occasional garment for the hills. Oh,just remembered when the stream outside the finishing works of the textile company I worked for turned bright pink! That did not go down well with the locals.
 FreshSlate 20 Jul 2014
In reply to James90:
> the question on does it need to be water resistant or water repellent. how long is a piece of string? I use different lengths of string depending on the requirement of the day.

That is possibly the worst use of that expression I've seen .

There's a box where you can explain this, it's not really a binary answer as you say.
Post edited at 19:56

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...