Lake District campsites with limited restrictions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gdnknf 07 Jul 2014
Hi.

I'm looking for recommendations for a good campsite in the Lakes (Central, West or South) where they are relaxed i.e. don't get upset about people staying later than 10am on departure, late arrivals are okay, fire pits and BBQs are accepted and, generally, the owners are nice, easy going people.

Close distance of fells and a lake is ideal, but of course, anywhere in the national park should fit that criteria.

I almost never stay on campsites so I don't know where to start.

Anyone got some good suggestions?

Cheers.
 Ridge 07 Jul 2014
In reply to marsbar:

The first link is to Fisherground, who aren't exactly laid back on times and what you get up to. That said it's much better than when it was full of scrotes bbqing over a fire of burning pot noodle containers.
 Bob 07 Jul 2014
In reply to gdnknf:

I think your requirement for "fire pits" might be a severely limiting one. Other than that I'd suggest Turner Hall in Dunnerdale.
 marsbar 07 Jul 2014
In reply to Ridge:

Sorry I'm writing on a phone and it lost a bit. The link is sites that allow fires just as a starting point. I havent been to all of them and its been a while since so its just a start.
 John Kelly 07 Jul 2014
In reply to gdnknf:

National trust campsite great langdale will be fine for most of that stuff
we can't (unfortnately) have fires directly on the ground
(it would be just one giant fire pit by the end of the summer)
but provided you don't burn the grass or pose a hazard to your neighbours you are welcome to BBQ/fire bucket away to your hearts content
we do ask that after 11pm you respect your neighbours right to get a nights sleep - generally climbers don't seem to have a problem with that one

more info

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/holidays/camping/camping-in-the-lake-distri...

some pics on this page

https://www.facebook.com/NTLakescampsites

need more ring me at work on
015394 37668
John Kelly
manager langdale
 Ridge 07 Jul 2014
In reply to marsbar:

Sorry if that came across as a dig at you, just letting the OP know.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...