limited picture sharing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 obi-wan nick b 04 Jul 2014
I want to store hi res jpegs and raw files but viewing is a problem with our poor IT service in work - we need to view low res versions of the pics from anywhere and then be able to cross reference the hi res copies that we have centrally located.

Is there a sharing service that will allow password protected sharing for the low res images (ie so that I can keep access limited to co workers rather than public), that will also allow me to keep the original file numbers so I can cross reference the hi res ones easily.

Thanks
 hamsforlegs 04 Jul 2014
In reply to obi-wan nick b:

Not sure exactly what you need to achieve overall, but could Dropbox work?

It will let you upload large files into folders or into custom display albums for pictures. These hold the original files but will also allow you to view them via thumbnails and a gallery function.

It doesn't allow password protected sharing, but does allow you to share a link which includes a token so that it can only be accessed by those who are sent the link directly.

I've used it for exactly this function recently.
 Dan Arkle 04 Jul 2014
yep, use dropbox. It creates links for sharing that nobody could possibly guess, so is almost as secure as a password system.

Os_878 06 Jul 2014
In reply to obi-wan nick b:

SkyDrive or OneDrive as it is now called can
In reply to all:

Cheers - many thanks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...