MTB route options for 2 dayer in Snowdonia in August

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
G0rdrilla 23 Jun 2014
Good morning!

I'm travelling to Snowdonia in August with friends to celebrate my 30th Birthday. The current plan is a two day trip with one over nighter in Llanberis. Day one being spent riding Coed Llandegla in the morning and the Llanberis path/Rather path/Telegraph Valley route on Snowdon after the voluntary ban comes in at 17:00. Day two will be spent riding...not sure where yet.

Does anyone have any recommendations? All riders in group are experienced and competant. Is the Marin Trail or Dragons Back Trail any good? Any of the Glyders rideable?

Thanks
Andy4 24 Jun 2014
In reply to G0rdrilla:

I rode up the ranger down llanberis then came back up and down the ranger.Great day but tiring.But well worth doing.

Next day,yes the marin trail was good,fast flowing,easy to spot the route and links nicely together.Bit wet and muddy in places,but thats mountain biking.All the route is rideable with quite a few "off cuts"into the woods.I was lucky and met with a local rider by chance and spent the whole day blasting around,clocked 60km by the end of the day,shattered.
Worth doing.

Ive also tried rising round in the hills using the map,did not manage to piece together anything special,not that there is nothing there,just did not have the energy to keep plodding on.It maybe worth see in if any local riders on single track are keen to show you there world.

I know when guys come down south we try to accommodate as best we can,show them our gems.

Guy 24 Jun 2014
In reply to G0rdrilla:

There is a nice loop above Barmouth starting at Tal-y-Bont I think. Should be pretty obvious from the OS map. This should give you an idea vimeo.com/95967157
 Brass Nipples 24 Jun 2014
In reply to G0rdrilla:

Cad air Ideis is a good outing.
 AlisonSmiles 24 Jun 2014
In reply to G0rdrilla:

I love the Marin but it is just a two hour activity. If it's a two day trip it doesn't quite feel worth it .... ?
G0rdrilla 25 Jun 2014
In reply to G0rdrilla:

Thanks for the respsonses so far, I'll keep it running another week or so to see what other folk come up with.
 Bob 25 Jun 2014
In reply to G0rdrilla:

There's a loop at the northern end of the Carneddau based on the Sychnant Pass - I've seen it in one of the mags recently but it might also be in one of the North Wales guides. I'll have a check when I get home.
 Guy 25 Jun 2014
In reply to G0rdrilla:

http://www.imbikemag.com/issue22/?page=49 another option for you which could be tied into one of the trails such as the Marin.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...