Do you want to buy a patagonia R1 hoody?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 sweenyt 26 May 2014
Hi,

There is a chance (not certain yet) that I will have an R1 hoody to sell in either L or XL.

If this becomes available how much would you be willing to pay for it?

Let me know,

H
In reply to sweenyt:

Interesting post.

Why not just state the condition, colour and price, rather than trying to do a Dutch auction on it? I know it is a well sought after item, but why not just advertise at a set price?
OP sweenyt 26 May 2014
In reply to nickinscottishmountains:

Because, as I stated, I don't currently have one. I might be getting one brought back from the states for me by a fiend. I would like to try on both the L and the XL so if people on here are willing to pay what it would cost to get the extra one brought back over, I will not lose money, if they are not then I will, and therefore will just take a gamble on size.

Happy now?
In reply to sweenyt:

> Happy now?

Mate, I was only asking! It was an unusual advert, that's all. Thanks for explaining it, and I guess that clarifies the condition and sort of price you're looking for. All the best.
OP sweenyt 26 May 2014
In reply to nickinscottishmountains:

haha - sorry! that wasn't meant to be as harsh as it sounded...

But - what would you be willing to pay?
In reply to sweenyt:
As someone who owns a R1 hoody, I wouldn't as I have one.

But if I was wanting one, and since you're probably selling a brand new one, even with tags I'd happily go for 90% of the purchase price.
Post edited at 14:51
 Thrudge 26 May 2014
In reply to sweenyt:

> I might be getting one brought back from the states for me by a fiend.

Love it. I'm picturing a demon hurling it's way through an Atlantic storm at midnight, grinning like a maniac, clutching your hoody to its chest as it beats it's leathery wings. You're avoiding import duty, but you'll pay with your soul...

OP sweenyt 26 May 2014
In reply to Tony Naylor:

Ha - thats made me chuckle...

But more seriously, theyre going to be about '395 each. Is anyone likely to pay £100 (ish) for one?
 JayPee630 27 May 2014
In reply to sweenyt:

Unlikely, you can often find them new for less than that, and they're not such a sought after item as they used to be as a load of other manufacturers have brought out their own version, some of which are better and cheaper than the R1.
 Grey area 27 May 2014
In reply to sweenyt:

Think I paid £75 for mine in Snow & Rock. But if you need advice on sizing they fit large - my XL is probably a bit big for me.
 RyanOsborne 27 May 2014
In reply to sweenyt:

Just out of interest, how much is your friend paying for it in the States?
 BnB 27 May 2014
In reply to JayPee630:

+1 to this. The Rab AL pull-on is pretty much as good at under £50. Unless you absolutely must have a hood on your underwear (to go with the one on your softshell, hardshell and belay jacket!!)
 FreshSlate 27 May 2014
In reply to BnB:

You wear both a soft shell and a hardshell? Weird.
OP sweenyt 27 May 2014
In reply to FreshSlate and others:

thanks. it's looking like its not worth me getting a spare brought back over. I'm also now questioning whether I relly need one with the suggestions that others are as good. Up until now I was lead to believe that the others were not as good, save perhaps for the ME eclipse?

Its been interesting to hear your thoughts - so thanks again
 FreshSlate 27 May 2014
In reply to sweenyt:

I own a ME eclipse. It's pretty damn good. I also have a rab baseline which just seems nice to wear all the time.
 BnB 27 May 2014
In reply to FreshSlate:

> You wear both a soft shell and a hardshell? Weird.

Yep, over my wetsuit.
 redscotti 28 May 2014
In reply to sweenyt:

ME Eclipse is brilliant, more versatile than the R1 IMHO, but nothing beats the warm, snuggly feeling you get wrapped in an R1.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...