which micro cams: wild country zeros or metolius mastercams?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jmills94 14 May 2014
really torn between these two at the moment. would be getting the 3 sizes below my dragon 0 in either brands depending on advice.

Thanks in advance.
 Ciderslider 14 May 2014
In reply to jmills94:

I really like my master cams 00 and 0
In reply to jmills94:

There is no right answer. Go to a gear shop and have a play with them both to see which one you like better. The Zeros have a more flexible stem, which you may or may not view as a benefit.

Personally, I think they're both great cams, but I've always preferred the Zeros. From previous threads like this that usually puts me in the slight minority.
 henwardian 14 May 2014
In reply to jmills94:
ALIENS!

or you could get ALIENS!

Seriously, you should get some....
Oh, all right. To the topic: I didn't like zeros because they feel flimsy and just never trusted placements with them. No experience with master cams.

But really you should just get some aliens. They are even on offer in needlesports at the moment (no I don't work there )
Post edited at 16:22
 Hannes 14 May 2014
In reply to jmills94:

I prefer the zeroes but the mastercams are great cams as well. Only thing to be aware of that the very smallest size(s) can open in the wrong sort of horizontal crack, at least my 00 does that. If you don't want aliens for some reason just get whichever you can find cheapest (I have all three types and use all of them roughly the same)
In reply to jmills94: There was a very similar recent discussion about micro-cams on http://www.ukhillwalking.com/forums/t.php?t=585372 that might be useful to you.

Along with victim, I'm a big fan of Zeros.

I've been climbing with WC Zeros for 12 years now and they are still my micro cam of choice. They are a great bit of gear, have the same colour coding as other WC and DMM gear and have the really useful extendable sling. I also paid considerably less for them than the other options.

For a while you could get WC Zeros sizes 4,5 & 6 for £100 which was a big argument in their favour. However, currently they same to be around the same price as the Mastercam.

In their favour is the extendable sling, great flexibility, lighter weight and better resistance to corrosion. In the minus column, the head width is wider, some find their action less slick and some questions have been raised over their durability when aiding or with heavy use.
OP jmills94 14 May 2014
In reply to jmills94:

thanks for all the advice guys! i already have a blue alien so think im going to stick with the flexibility trend and get the zeros above and below

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...