Any snow still in Torridon ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jim Haydock 21 Apr 2014
Can anyone enlighten me please ?

I'm off up to Torridon for 4-5 days next week and am wondering what to pack. Is there still snow high up on the bigger hills ? - presumably there will be but if I can carry less then that would be great.

Thanks guys.

JH.
 Jamie B 21 Apr 2014
In reply to Jim Haydock:

Depends on your route. Generally speaking elsewhere there is still plenty of snow on Northerly and Easterly gullies and slopes, but ridge-crests are clear. I imagine that Torridon will be similar.
In reply to Jim Haydock:

Was up Ben Eighe yesterday, which was doable without an axe. There is a patch of snow in the gully up from Coire Mhic Fhearchair but that's avoidable by a scramble up on the right.
OP Jim Haydock 21 Apr 2014
In reply to Joe G:

Thanks Joe.
Last post was 2 weeks ago though !

Thanks also Jamie B and Turdus. Just looking for snow free 'tourist' routes. Don't want to take crampons etc etc, not enough room in the car for all the winter gear - 4 of us heading up in 1 car.

JH.
 allanscott 22 Apr 2014
In reply to Jim Haydock:

No snow worth mentioning in Torridon two weekends ago. Odd patch in high corries but ridges etc all clear right to summits (unlike central Highlands where there's still patchy snow around on the Munros.
woolhead 22 Apr 2014
In reply to Jim Haydock:

Hi Jim,

Was in the area on the bike over the weekend and as the others have mentioned outside of the gullies there is little snow left there. You can nose through some pics on my blog to get a better idea. www.cheekynorthernmonkey.blogspot.it
Enjoy it, it's a very special place.
Dan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...