Recommend me a tent

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JonLongshanks 15 Apr 2014

Quite a tall order I should imagine, but I'm trying to find a tent on the cheaper end of the spectrum that performs well (same old gear problem).

Looking for a 3 man tent that is robust enough for mountain use (not high altitude, but defo more than a festival tent), but remains light enough to be used for backpacking. Ideally wouldn't want to spend more than £80 on this.

Any suggestions appreciated
In reply to JonLongshanks: The best deal I am currently aware of is that the North Face Outlet at Bicester Village had several Westwind 3 going for the crazy price of £145 on Sunday. FWIW they also had a Westwind 2 and a pair of Tadpole 2DL for similar money.

Otherwise at your budget you are pretty much limited to trying to get a decent deal on a Vango. Plenty of other cheap makes are available but especially if you shop around you can't really beat Vango when it comes to value for money. The Vango Tempest 300 is a good tent and the only 3-man option around the £100 mark that I'd really like to carry personally for general backpacking.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...