New shoes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
speedymushmouse 05 Apr 2014
Just bought a new pair of Evolv Defy lace ups to replace my old Evolv Bandits.. I'm wondering if I've done the right thing as they seem more comfortable and not as technical as the bandits!!
Have I done the right thing ?????
 WILLS 05 Apr 2014
In reply to speedymushmouse:

They aren't as supportive as bandits. Depends what you are used to.
speedymushmouse 05 Apr 2014
In reply to WILLS:

I really got on with the Bandits but found them so painful I had to take them off after an hour. I tried on a half size larger in the shop but they also felt tight in the toe area. But people tend to say that shoes must hurt to be the correct fit...
 WILLS 05 Apr 2014
In reply to speedymushmouse:

Your foot shape doesn't suit bandits then. I have a narrow low volume foot. Things like bandits and five ten blanco's suit my foot shape. If you have a broader foot you may need a different type of shoe. Go to a proper climbing shop V12, outside, climbers shop, needle sports or urban rock or banana fingers and speak to the guys there. Tell them what you want the shoes for and how long you've been climbing as well as what grades. They will offer you a range or shoes to try on. Most places have a test wall to stand on a few holds. Tell them how they are feeling and be honest. If you like the colour n style but the hurt after 5 mins they are just going to end up on eBay.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...