DMM spectre 2

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 keepguessing 05 Apr 2014
Any body have any thoughts on it, how would it be for a quick draw?
 AlanLittle 05 Apr 2014
In reply to sebflynn:

Superb kit, I bought a load last year for my trad rack when Needlesports was selling them cheap. Would want something beefier for intensive sport climbing.
 alexjz 05 Apr 2014
In reply to sebflynn:

As a trad QuickDraw they are great. Cheap and light with a great build quality. Because it's DMM

For sport, they would be good as well but may be a bit more fiddly to clip than a snap gate, but that's just down to what you prefer.
 Merlin 05 Apr 2014
In reply to sebflynn:

I've just bought a load to rack my cams on, they seem like a good contender for the WC Helium (probably the favoured krab in my rack), being; large enough for gloved handed/winter use yet equally very light.
OP keepguessing 05 Apr 2014
In reply to sebflynn:

Happy to hear positive feedback on it about 5 days ago i bought 30 of them for building some trad quickdraws (from sports direct of all places!) and if im sport climbing i will go for a dedicated sport quickdraw im not sure why you would use a wire gate for sport since solid gates react so much better in a hanger.
 crayefish 05 Apr 2014
In reply to AlanLittle:

> Superb kit, I bought a load last year for my trad rack when Needlesports was selling them cheap.

Exactly the same here!
 Alpenglow 05 Apr 2014
In reply to sebflynn:

Same here too
 FreshSlate 06 Apr 2014
In reply to sebflynn:

Great biner. Don't understand why it is so cheap.
OP keepguessing 08 Apr 2014
In reply to sebflynn:

Just got 30 of em and im very impressed with them gunna need to get some electrical tape on some of them (all the biners are the same color) the wire gates have a really nice tension on them, i to don't know what it is but they feel a bit slippery probably just cus there new a bit of electrical tape will solve that :P overall though very happy with them.
 ElBarto 09 Apr 2014
In reply to sebflynn:

Care to explain what you mean by solid gates reacting better in the hanger? This is a genuine question as I've only used wire gates.
 TobyA 09 Apr 2014
In reply to ElBarto:

On modern glue-in bolts wire gates aren't really an issue but on older style bent-plate hanger bolts (your standard Petzl 'plate' hangers held to the bolt by a nut), the hook nose of wire gates can catch on the hanger more easily http://eu.blackdiamondequipment.com/en/experience-story?cid=qc-lab-weakness...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...