Running Snaefell

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 birdie num num 24 Mar 2014
Hi UCK folks,
I'm looking to take the motorbike over to the Isle of Man in early May.
Want to amongst other things, run a nice trail taking in Snaefell, something in the region of 13 to 15 miles.
Never been in the area before so I wonder if you excellent folks can suggest both a good location to stay, and an interesting route on the fell?
 Sandrex 24 Mar 2014
In reply to birdie num num:

Hi. Not sure what you're after but during Manx week we stayed at Waterfall barn in Shore road, Glen Maye. Self catering but beautiful place and location. Plus pub within 'literally' crawling distance!!
 Banned User 77 24 Mar 2014
I dont think Snaefell is that nice.. I'd go to the south of the island and run the coastal hills. Look at the manx ultra route, the last section is absolutely stunning.

Snaefell is just a lump..

I'd stay in Port Erin, seemed nice. Its all quiet. Douglas seemed a bit of a dump but I mainly visit Port St Mart or PE with work or running.

Race map is here..

http://www.isleofmanmountainultra.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/IOM-Mounta...
Post edited at 22:59
 Banned User 77 24 Mar 2014
The run from St Johns to Port Erin was superb, if you can get dropped off or use a bus I'd do that. It'd be around 13-15 miles I think because thats the half race I thought..

The first section of the race, North Barrule? seemed nice, but the weather was awful, like a Moel Eilio type ridge.
Post edited at 23:03
Tim Chappell 24 Mar 2014

You're actually on the run, aren't you? From Mrs Num Num?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...