extreme bike safety

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Afternoon

Just saw this and had to post it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-26616492

Couldn't this cause more accidents ? (people rubber necking etc )

andyfla 19 Mar 2014
In reply to MGC:

"But officers found only nine people stopped out of 186 cars that drove past"

That is the scary bit
In reply to andyfla:

Yes very very scary .

Occasionally, an officer posed as a concerned passer-by, to flag down drivers for help. "Sometimes this worked,"

ByEek 20 Mar 2014
In reply to andyfla:

> "But officers found only nine people stopped out of 186 cars that drove past"

> That is the scary bit

Agreed. But isn't there a social phenomenon about going to help those in need - that in a crowded situation, most will not.

I was heartened when I fell off my bike, two people asked if I was all right despite it being all my own fault.
 Tony the Blade 20 Mar 2014
In reply to ByEek:

When I came off a few years ago I fell into the opposite side of the road, a following car driver drove towards and then around me to place his car between me and the oncoming traffic... my hero.
 Richard Carter 20 Mar 2014
In reply to Tony the Blade:

"When I came off a few years ago I fell into the opposite side of the road, a following car driver drove towards and then around me to place his car between me and the oncoming traffic... my hero"

Good to hear that some people will help out in your time of need! When I fell off I apparently rolled about 10m into a bus stop. I was knocked out for a short while and as I came round there was a bus driver beeping his horn at me :-P

It occurs to me know that he must have been trying to help, by sounding his horn to bring me round :-D
 Tony the Blade 20 Mar 2014
In reply to Richard Carter:

> "When I came off a few years ago I fell into the opposite side of the road, a following car driver drove towards and then around me to place his car between me and the oncoming traffic... my hero"

> Good to hear that some people will help out in your time of need! When I fell off I apparently rolled about 10m into a bus stop. I was knocked out for a short while and as I came round there was a bus driver beeping his horn at me :-P

> It occurs to me know that he must have been trying to help, by sounding his horn to bring me round :-D

Or to alert others that you were there
chrismcc 20 Mar 2014
In reply to MGC: I crashed quite badly a few years ago, and was sat in the kerb in shock, next to my now folded in half bike with blood spreading across one shoulder when a fellow road cyclist passed on the other side of the road. Uphill. Doing about 9/10 mph - gave me a bit of a look but didn't slow down.... Hmmm

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...