Andy Nisbet: short film by Dave and Claire Macleod

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 George Ormerod 18 Mar 2014
In reply to IanMcC:

Superb.
 Michael Gordon 18 Mar 2014
In reply to IanMcC:

Lovely wee film!
 Steve Perry 18 Mar 2014
In reply to IanMcC:

Very pleasant viewing, nice one Andy.
andrew bain 18 Mar 2014
In reply to IanMcC:

brill climbing clip - well deserved Andy.
 jon 18 Mar 2014
In reply to IanMcC:
Really delightful. There's also a genuine sincerity in Sandy's and Martin's commentaries.
Post edited at 19:10
 TobyA 18 Mar 2014
In reply to IanMcC:

Where was all the falling off happening? Didn't recognise it - so NW somewhere perhaps?
 jon 18 Mar 2014
In reply to TobyA:
Don't know where, but I think he's been doing too much sport climbing... just casually falling off like that at the drop of a hat!
Post edited at 20:14
In reply to TobyA:

Beinn Fhada apparently, I'm guessing the Glen Coe one?
Douglas Griffin 18 Mar 2014
In reply to Michael Gordon:

Or the Kintail one?
In reply to Douglas Griffin:

One or the other I guess!
 Andy Nisbet 18 Mar 2014
In reply to Michael Gordon:

> One or the other I guess!

Correct!
andyathome 18 Mar 2014
In reply to IanMcC:

Excellent wee film. Respect is due !

And thanks to Dave and Claire for making the effort to film that....
 brianrunner 18 Mar 2014
In reply to IanMcC:

Yes, nice film and well deserved award!

Brian
 Wry Gob 18 Mar 2014
In reply to IanMcC:

Magic wee film, and brilliant to see Andy getting this award. I can't think of another winter climber that's been such an inspiration.

Cheers, Guy
Removed User 18 Mar 2014
In reply to IanMcC:

come my deathbed I will be able to say "Yes, I was on the blunt end of the rope on 2 new winter routes with Andy (February 94'). A great guide and an inspirational man. I recall on our last day I managed to forget my helmet and without a moments hesitation Andy gave me his for the day. I've never forgotten that gesture. One of the best people I have ever met, a privilege to be in his presence.
Tim Chappell 19 Mar 2014
In reply to TobyA:
> Where was all the falling off happening? Didn't recognise it - so NW somewhere perhaps?

Yes. Kintail. The walk-in is up Gleann Lichd, with the cliffs of Sgurr a'Choire Ghairbh at the west end of Ben Attow/ Beinn Fhada in the background, so this route they're tumbling around on is very likely in Coire Ghaoil or Coire an Sgairne.

I was meaning to ask Andy myself about new-route potential on the cliffs of Sgurr a'Choire Ghairbh, which look useless for summer but great for winter. I bet he's already climbed there.

The man's a legend
Post edited at 12:49
 gilliesp 19 Mar 2014
In reply to IanMcC:

Thank you for linking us to this wonderful short film about a genuine and exceedingly modest man; a giant in new routing and services to Scottish mountaineering. He has a great blog too. http://www.scottishwinter.com/?tag=andy-nisbet
 Robert Durran 19 Mar 2014
In reply to IanMcC:

Great film!

So that's where I'm going wrong ;too reluctant to nonchalantly take uninviting tumbling falls with spikes everywhere :0)
andyathome 19 Mar 2014
In reply to Andy Nisbet:

> Correct!

Loving your work....!
 TobyA 19 Mar 2014
In reply to Tim Chappell:

Only been around that area a few times, we did a first winter ascent on Sgurr nan Saighead a long time ago - I think that must be across Glenn Lichd from where this is then...?
Tim Chappell 19 Mar 2014
In reply to TobyA:

My mistake. Gleann Lichd is between the Five Sisters and Beinn Fhada. I mean the next glen, the one between Beinn Fhada and A'Ghlas Bheinn--Gleann Choinneachean.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...