Ice climbing on the Ben this April

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Just trying to gauge what the ice climbing conditions on the Ben this April might be like. I'm hoping to do some of the classic Vs (Point Five, Orion etc). Any views on whether they will be OK by then? I'm from the far south of England so need a day or two of realistically good weather before I come up.

Thanks for your help.
In reply to stephan harrison:

April is a month long! The climbs will come into condition then be out of condition then in again then out again etc etc over the course of the month.
mick taylor 17 Mar 2014

As a gambling man, and looking at met office monthly outlook, and the amount of snow/ice on Ben Nevis, I'll stick my neck out and say the routes you're on about will be in excellent nick for most of April. I am guessing though. Check other posts about cornices though!

Watch the forecasts and local climbing blogs! I'm waiting for it to warm up enough for the enormocornices to fall down and then cool down and stay cool so the ice stays. Fingers crossed! =o)
In reply to nickinscottishmountains:

Yes, mine was a silly question! I was just thinking that this year was a bit strange weather-wise so wanted some feedback.
In reply to mick taylor:

Thanks! I'll try and get up for a week or so and hope to hit a good patch of weather.
In reply to highaltitudebarista:

Yes, I'll do this. Thanks. Heard that Point Five had a monster cornice recently....not sure whether it's fallen down yet....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...