35mm film and the Internet?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Choss 09 Mar 2014
Im still using 35mm SLR film cameras (how up to date am i?).

I would Like to start adding photos to my Profile page Gallery at some Point.

Local developer does develop to CD for 6 Squid.

will that give me good enough quality images for uploading to the Interweb?

Im Assuming the print photos will Become pixelated? will that affect their quality? And im assuming they would be Manipulatable From CD when uploaded to a computer?

Ps also after a Changing bag if anyone has one Knocking about From their Pre digital days?

Andy DB 09 Mar 2014
In reply to Choss:

You should be fine most labs that offer a CD service the resolution is good. You'll probably find the main limitation in image quality when compared to images from a digital camera is from the use of film not the scanning process. I does constantly amaze me the the sharpness and quality and sharpness an new DSLR produces but there is something nostalgic about film.
 Rob Parsons 09 Mar 2014
In reply to Choss:

> Local developer does develop to CD for 6 Squid.

> will that give me good enough quality images for uploading to the Interweb?

Certainly (provided, of course, that the local service is competent).
 Blue Straggler 09 Mar 2014
 Andrew W 09 Mar 2014
In reply to Choss:

All of my scanned film has come out with lots of detail and reasonable contrast.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/awaterfield/6694351803/in/photostream/lightbox...
OP Choss 09 Mar 2014
In reply to Blue Straggler:

Thats not so bad. Hopefully got some ok action shots today at goblin combe, including fingers Crossed, the moment a brave Fella took a hefty Lead flyer off the Flake on Gollum.

Will get film developed to CD in a couple of weeks and see how it Looks.

Ps. wish id had camera set to Sport when he flew, autowind would have been faster i think.

Pps fella was shaken but Unscathed, good Belaying by his partner. His helmet took a hard Whack on rock, good job he was wearing it. Reminder to self.
 PPP 09 Mar 2014
In reply to Choss:

You are up to date as much as I am, I suppose. I still use 35mm film while travelling while I leave DSLR for other purposes (mostly for my former work).

While in the UK, I always used http://www.club35.co.uk/ for films. It's cheap enough, provides good quality (although wasn't very impressed!) and fast service.
 Toerag 10 Mar 2014
In reply to Choss:

If you get Boots to develop your film you can get them to make a CD at the same time for 'free'.
Gordee 17 Mar 2014
In reply to Toerag:

Almost any scan will be good enough to load up to the web. - although using some software will help to enhance the images.

In Aberdeen a new photo-lab have set up- with a few pro's moving back to film for certain purposes.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...