Edelrid Apus- Any users

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JohnBson 28 Feb 2014
Wondering how good the ropes are. I'm looking to do Alpine, multipitch mountain trad and Scottish winter. Are they worthwhile?
 Gazlynn 28 Feb 2014
In reply to JohnBson:

I've got a pair (well halfers in a pair) We only use them in the winter in Scotland.

Very light and tend to tangle up quicker than other ropes I have used but I think that's the pay off for using super skinny ropes.

I've been quite impressed with the dry treatment and their robustness and would definitely recommend them but I have not tried any of the other skinny ropes to compare.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Gaz

SteveSBlake 28 Feb 2014
In reply to JohnBson:

A bit stiff, but seem very durable.

Steve
 ankyo 28 Feb 2014
In reply to JohnBson:

I have a pair that I really like , only had them since Christmas but really enjoy using them.
OP JohnBson 04 Mar 2014
In reply to JohnBson:

Thanks for all the feedback I went with them and will post here with how I find them for all three disciplines.
OP JohnBson 12 Mar 2014
In reply to JohnBson:

Very good for trad, awesome handling. Some people complain of twists and tangles but using these out of my modified ikea ropebags they didn't need flaking out and climbed 4 routes in quick succession no bother. For winter climbing top notch aswell
 AlanLittle 12 Mar 2014
In reply to JohnBson:

I don't own them, but I used a set belonging to my mate for a holiday in the Dolomites and was impressed. Superb handling, less prone to tangling than my Beal Ice Lines. Mostly used them as twins, was ok to use them as halves for the occasional wandering pitch.

For regular use as half ropes for UK trad I'd want something beefier.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...