NEWS: Lochaber Rescuers Put Lives on Line

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKH News 24 Feb 2014
Shadows on the snow - Ascent of Beinn Eibhinn, Corrour Estate, 3 kbOn Saturday Lochaber MRT carried out an 'epic' rescue on the remote Beinn Eibhinn. Team members fell through cornices at least four times. They were avalanched too. Thankfully it all ended well.

Read more at http://www.ukhillwalking.com/news/item.php?id=68738
In reply to UKH News:

Whoa. Really impressive and heroic effort from Lochaber MRT. They have my full respect.

Dunc
 Alan Breck 24 Feb 2014
In reply to Duncan Campbell - UKC:

+ one
 martinph78 24 Feb 2014
In reply to Duncan Campbell - UKC:

+2

Top effort guys. Remember, these guys and gals are volunteers, with families, risking their lives to help others. They're dedication extends to huge training commitments and personal sacrifice throughout the year, not just during headline call-outs.

You can all help by fundraising for your local team or setting up a regular donation.

alooker 24 Feb 2014
In reply to UKH News:

Pretty much spot on definition of hero right there. I know they don't do it for respect, but they sure do have it.
 Mike Lates 24 Feb 2014
In reply to UKH News:

Cracking humour at the end of the post too
 matt pigden 24 Feb 2014
In reply to UKH News:

I nearly skied onto/into a cornice on saturday. Conditions are epic!! 5m of snow at the summit of Aonach Mor and some huge cornices in places. Very dangerous conditions.
Also, anyone heard about the avalanche on the Ben today? Im worried it might be a friend of mine who i know has been climbing up their over the last week or so.
 Mike7 24 Feb 2014
In reply to UKH News:

Well done. Glad you all made it back safe.
 nj.harris 24 Feb 2014
In reply to UKH News:
I organised our club trip to Fort William last week. Snowgoose owner John Cuthbertson gave us advice everyday. Nothing was too much trouble. We had some great days out, we changed our plans and kept out of trouble. So my advice is talk to the locals! We had a great week and all came back in one piece!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...