Wild Country 'Duolite' tent

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pete Ford 14 Jan 2014
Anyone had experience of the Wild country 'Duolite' tent. I need a fairly light weight tent for a trip to the Lakes in the spring with my youngest son. Looked at some youtube pitching videos, and it looks a bit tight space wise.

Pete
 martinph78 14 Jan 2014
In reply to Pete Ford:

Plenty of space for two sleeping, but not a lot else to be honest. Fine if you are happy to "live" outside or just want it for sleeping in.

Have you considered the Hoolie? It's a similar weight but the tunnel design may give a feeling of more space. I don't know though, as I haven't seen the Hoolie yet.
 GridNorth 14 Jan 2014
In reply to Pete Ford:

I have one. Very quick to put up. Plenty of room for one but cosy for two. You can get an extension that is designed to store a mountain bike .
OP Pete Ford 14 Jan 2014
In reply to Martin1978:

Just looked at the 'Hoolie 3' on youtube, about an extra kilo (3.4kg)but masses of room. Thanks for that.
We tend to walk to a couple of camp sites, but then spend two or three days there, so the extra weight isn't a real problem.

Pete
OP Pete Ford 14 Jan 2014
In reply to GridNorth:
Because we spend time at one or two camp sites, we really need living space, so I think the 'Duolite' would be a bit too cosy.
Thanks
Pete
 GridNorth 14 Jan 2014
In reply to Pete Ford:

I've seen a Terra Nova Voyager for sale on here. If I needed a tent I would have been tempted to buy it myself. They are very good.
 martinph78 14 Jan 2014
In reply to Pete Ford:

I was thinking the Hoolie 2, based on the weight, but if you don't mind the extra then the 3 would give you plenty of room.

martinph78 16 Jan 2014
In reply to Pete Ford:

They have the full range of Hoolie sizes on sale here, might sway your decision when you see the price

http://www.fieldandtrek.com/wild-country-hoolie-3-man-tent-783273

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...