Thermal Pro fleece advice (and Haglofs Triton 2)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 martinph78 10 Dec 2013

I'm looking to change from my current micro-fleece with 200 weight over the top, to a single fleece layer. My current set-up of the two is probably equal to about a "250" weight fleece, so I'm looking for something similar (but in one layer).

How does the Thermal Pro stack up? Looking at something like the Monkey Man fleece or perhaps Montane Wolf or Rab Boulder? They seem to weigh the same as my 200 fleece, so wondering if they are actually any warmer but more breathable perhaps?

Also, has anyone seen the Haglofs Triton 2 hoody? It's a bit left-field but I quite like the technical features of it and think a hood may be useful (something that the above are lacking).

It will be used under a shell when needed.
Post edited at 23:09
 nickcj 11 Dec 2013
In reply to Martin1978:

Patagonia R2 has been my go to fleece for a while now. Works well with a windproof or unlined softshell. I will wear a Berghaus smoulder hoody underneath if cold.
OP martinph78 11 Dec 2013
In reply to nickcj:

Thanks, will take a look.
OP martinph78 12 Dec 2013
In reply to Martin1978:

Can't try the R2 locally, but I managed to try the Rab Logan today and the fit really didn't suit me at all. The Vapour Rise Guide, however, fits perfectly and was lovely. A bit "softshell" compared to what I was after though. Both heavier than I wanted, but with the VR Guide I think I'd always wear it (pit zips and breathability wise I think I'd not need to take it off).

I also tried the ME Touchstone fleece and that was thermal pro, but not the hi-loft type. Very warm, great fit and cheaper, and I reckon it's top of the list...unless I get swayed by the VR Guide that is!

I just know I'll throw a shell on as soon as the weather turns bad, so don't think I'll need anything other than a fleece (ie, not the VR Guide!).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...