HILLTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - a little trouble finding tougher boots

Sleepy_trucker - on 20 Feb 2013
I'll try to keep this story short....

I got back into walking a couple of years back and got quite hooked, I remembered lots that I'd learned in my scouting days so quickly acquired all the gear I needed. Within 6 months, I was booked on a summer M.L. course and have since been building up my Q.M.Ds

I'm on salomon quest boots which fit me beautifully but, in my opinion, aren't really up to the more mountainous terrain that I'm walking in these days and I think they've recently sprung a leak. SO, I've been trying to find a more "hardcore" boot that I'm happy with but I'm really not winning.

I can't seem to find any B1 boots that fit well so I'm forced to go for B2, that's ok - just one of those things but I'm now on my third pair and have just gone from wearing them indoors to walking the dog in them (next step's gentler walks in the peak district).

These new boots feel a lot better than the last pair except the little toe on my right foot doesn't feel like it's got enough room.

They're suade with the usual high rubber rand if that helps with the next question;

Sooo, Are they likely to stretch a little with use? And/or can such boots be stretched slightly by someone in the know?
... not showing 6 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums