Romer for slope gradients

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mudmonkey 18 Feb 2013
Hi all,

Looking for a romer with different scales that I can lay against the map contours to assess slope gradients for ski-touring. Anyone know where I can find one?
 Robbo1 18 Feb 2013
In reply to mudmonkey5: Suggest you have a look at the links on this post: http://www.ukhillwalking.com/forums/t.php?t=534422
 inboard 19 Feb 2013
In reply to mudmonkey5:
I've seen transparent plastic cards, exactly as you suggest, available in Switerland/Austria/Bavaria, but not here. Mammut used (and may still do) a free one roughly credit card sized which was great until I broke it! I think also SwissTopo sell one on their website (which dispatches to the uk)

However as the previous poster suggests, that thread is an equally useful resource.
 inboard 19 Feb 2013
In reply to oliverk:
That's a different thing - you'd use that to measure the angle of a slope, not measure the distance between contours on a map to calculate what the slope angle will be...

Chateauneuf du Boeuf 19 Feb 2013
In reply to mudmonkey5: Can't you just use a ruler. For instance on a 1 to 25k map if in one centimeter it goes down 250m then its 45 degrees etc. Its simple enough.
OP mudmonkey 21 Feb 2013
In reply to Mark Bull: Thanks Mark, that's exactly it - just picked it up off the mat! Thanks to the others as well for replies.
 Mark Bull 21 Feb 2013
In reply to mudmonkey5:

You're welcome!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...