Expedition & Alpine forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - How to spend 10 days in Cham?

Dave McKechnie - on 12 Feb 2013
Afternoon all,

My girlfriend and I are going back to Chamonix in late August / early September for approx 10 days.

In terms of experience, I've lead a couple of Severe climbs last year (although will hopefully be a lot more comfortable leading Severe by the end of August!!), we're both competent walkers in the UK, have both summited Gran Paradiso (albeit as part of an organised group) and are both competent ice axe and crampon users but not much more than that - never done any winter climbing.

I am after some suggestions as to how to spend 10 days there. I'd like to get someone to take us out for a couple of days to show us general alpine stuff but the cost of a guide is eye watering but I'm not confident enough to go wandering off doing mountaineering stuff in the mountains myself, other than a hut to hut walk somewhere in the Aiguille Rouges.

Any other suggestions as to what to do?

What about L'Index? Looks pretty iconic. Isn't it a fairly steady multi-pitch sport climb???

All suggestions welcome!
... not showing 17 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums