Anyone know a Photographer named 'Dil'?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Lukas V-L 05 Feb 2013
Time to tap into the fount of all knowledge that is UKC...

Im trying to track down a bloke who works a War Photographer, I believe out of London. I dont know how big the professional photographic community is, so Im hoping that someone here might be able to give me a steer on tracking down a bloke named 'Dil'.

Time for a story..

I was out in Afghanistan in 2008 on Herrick 8 when a photographer climbed into the sanger I was in and introduced himself as 'Dil'. Im pretty sure he was of Indian descent, however he was raised in Britain, and he mentioned he lived with his family in London. After writing him off in my mind as just another civvy puke out there trying to get his 2 seconds of glory on sky news, he then casually mentioned all the warzones he'd covered in the last 10 years, including the Balkans, Iraq, tabbing over some hills with the Mujahidin, probably a few other hot spots as well, making me feel a right crow in the process. Anyways, a couple of years after we got back I saw some really good photos on a wall from that time and I reckon theyd be his work. Im trying to track him down to get some prints from him, because me and my mates look really hard and warry in them. Apparently Dil is quite a common nickname/abbreviation in the Asian community, but I hoping it rings a bell with someone, or at least someone can point me in the right direction of a better place to look.

Cheers in advance for any help forthcoming .
Removed User 05 Feb 2013
In reply to Lukas V-L:

might be worth trying there

http://www.defencepictures.com/html/about_us.htm Dil is part of a team and was out in the Bakans so sounds like it could be him, I'll ask a mate who was out there too he would know of him, otherwise try the frontline club http://www.frontlineclub.com they might also know.
 Niall 05 Feb 2013
In reply to Lukas V-L:

If it's the Dil I'm thinking of, be prepared for a shock when you meet her :-D
 Blue Straggler 05 Feb 2013
In reply to Niall:

Ha ha!
Lukas V-L 05 Feb 2013
In reply to Removed User:

Cheers dude! Ive just emailed Defence Pictures so fingers crossed something comes from that.
 Bimble 06 Feb 2013
In reply to Lukas V-L:

Will ask the NUJ London Photographers Branch secretary for you too, see if they know.
 Snax 06 Feb 2013
In reply to TryfAndy: I can ask on a list of editorial photographers I use. If he worked out of London, the place to ask is the Frontline Club. There used to be a network of conflict photographers called Lightstalkers, but no longer seems to be going, the joys of social media and all...
 Snax 07 Feb 2013
In reply to Lukas V-L: got a name and email for you, will ping it over later if that's ok?
Lukas V-L 07 Feb 2013
In reply to Lukas V-L:

Yeah that'd be great! I got nought out of the Defence Picture lot, might not be a going concern anymore.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...