Skiing forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Lyngen - ski mountaineering- best ski peaks/descents

graeme gatherer - on 07 Jan 2013
5 of us have a ski trip booked to the Lyngen Alps in March. Got a map , car hire and accommodation sorted. Staying at Magic Mountain Lodge i think where we can hopefully get an on-the-ground update on conditions etc..

It's quite hard to make much sense of the map at the moment- everything looks steep! and very little is marked in the way of access.

I've done a search on here and come across all the great videos including Andreas Fransson's couloir stuff.

Can anyone who's been independently or otherwise recommend must do peaks/descents etc so we can start working out logistics of where all the best/classic stuff to do actually is. We wont have speedboat access so that excludes a lot of those amazing looking lines that drop straight to the sea! We're all fairly capable skiers and all bar one have done plenty alpine climbing too. Looking for a whole range of days out- easy, long, short, steep, bad weather options etc..

Should we get any other maps than the one for the main peninsula? and can anyone tell me if this the right guidebook.

http://www.ffshop.no/toppturer-troms-p-771.html

Many thanks
Graeme
... not showing 33 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums