/ What HD recorder for skiing , cycling?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Carpe Diem - on 01 Jan 2013
I’m after a HD Recorder to either strap to my chest or Lid for a skiing holiday in a few weeks. We've all heard about the GoPro, but are there others out there that you’d recommend?
andy - on 01 Jan 2013
In reply to Carpe Diem: i've just bought a Contour +2 - smaller than a GoPro.
bozie - on 01 Jan 2013
In reply to Carpe Diem: I have wanted a gopro for a while but never seemed to have a few hundred pound spare but last month my partner went to New York so I told her to get me a camera. She ended up getting me a Sony HDR AS15 that is Sony's version of the gopro I got it mainly for Motorsport for my track car and for diving I have not used it yet only around the house pictures is good. If you go on YouTube there is loads of videos comparing them.
koolkat - on 02 Jan 2013
In reply to Carpe Diem:
i use a contour and drift both watrproof to 1 m so good for skiing here is a link to my you tube page if you want to check the quality both are full hd and lot cheaper than the go pro

http://www.youtube.com/user/iamkoolkat/videos?flow=grid&view=0
andy - on 02 Jan 2013
In reply to koolkat: contour +2 now comes with a waterproof case that's good to 60m, and you can link it to your phone to use as a viewfinder. Just over £300 on Wiggle.
koolkat - on 02 Jan 2013
In reply to andy :
yes i have the waterproof case for the contour roam i use whilst diving :-)
andy - on 02 Jan 2013
In reply to koolkat: The +2 now comes with it included rather than having to buy it separately - which makes it rather good value imho.
ads.ukclimbing.com
Carpe Diem - on 04 Jan 2013
In reply to Carpe Diem:

Went for the GoPro Hero2. LBS did me a deal I couldn't refuse.

Of out to play tomorrow and probably record 30 muinits of the floor rather than any singletrack ;)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.