Rapha festive 500

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 lost1977 11 Dec 2012
anyone else taking part in this strava challenge over Christmas, its gonna be my first strava challenge

http://app.strava.com/challenges/2012-rapha-festive-500
 balmybaldwin 11 Dec 2012
In reply to lost1977:

Alas, I've put the roadie away for the winter, and with xmas duties there's no way I'll manage it on the MTB... Will be getting in a fair amount of riding though including hopefully a night circuit of the Gorlech Trail
 Enty 11 Dec 2012
In reply to lost1977:

It's a good old challenge that especially during the party season! Unfortunately I'm in the UK sans velo so no chance here. I'm trying to make up for it in the next 10 days.

E
OP lost1977 11 Dec 2012
In reply to Enty:

If your gonna be around London I'm sure I could lend you a bike. Mileage doesn't look bad but will have to do some planing for routes
 Enty 11 Dec 2012
In reply to lost1977:

The best I'm going to manage is a couple of spinning sessions at the sports centre near my dads!

Cheers,

E
 Enty 11 Dec 2012
In reply to lost1977:

What's your STRAVA name I'll follow your exploits and give you some kudos (if you deserve it

E
 Henry Iddon 12 Dec 2012
In reply to lost1977:

As its Rapha I assume its an authentic challenge and they've tweaked Strava to now be available as an app with authentic mongolian goat leather trim.......

http://internationale.teamjva.com
 Hephaestus 12 Dec 2012
In reply to Henry Iddon:
> (In reply to lost1977)
>
>
> http://internationale.teamjva.com

What a fantastic site.

I'm off to get a job lot of the 100% plant based, biodegradeable coffee-scented chain lube.
 Hephaestus 12 Dec 2012
In reply to Hephaestus:

Yes, that read COFFEE-SCENTED CHAIN LUBE.
 Hephaestus 12 Dec 2012
In reply to Hephaestus:

I'm beginning to suspect this is not about cycling at all. Here's the prize list:

1st: Rapha Espresso Machine, Set of Rapha Espresso Cups and Chris King Tamper, Classic Softshell.

I hope the Chris King thing for compacting the coffee is made of titanium...
OP lost1977 12 Dec 2012
In reply to Hephaestus:

I hadn't actually noticed the prizes but that's a bonus, i have a confession that i do actually rather like the Rapha classic jersey
 Hephaestus 12 Dec 2012
In reply to lost1977:

Well don't tell 'em too good a story or they'll try and fob you off with a coffee machine! I think second or third will garner you a jersey.

Nothing against Rapha gear whatsoever, apart from the extravagant cost.

Well, I had thought they were a little pretentious, but that was before I opened the link Henry Iddon posted. Now I realise that they're at the cutting edge of utilitarianism by comparison...
OP lost1977 12 Dec 2012
In reply to Hephaestus:

so you think telling them about how i had to rescue Santa and help deliver presents to all the children might be too good for a jersey.

might just settle to riding my 500k on a fixie around the shoreditch/hoxton area between cool bars, coffee shops and being seen with the right people
 Hephaestus 12 Dec 2012
In reply to lost1977:
> (In reply to Hephaestus)
>
> might just settle to riding my 500k on a fixie around the shoreditch/hoxton area between cool bars, coffee shops and being seen with the right people

Don't forget your tweed plus fours and pringle socks combo.
OP lost1977 12 Dec 2012
In reply to Hephaestus:

i only have tweed plus 2's will these do (i'm not kidding i do actually own a pair)
 Hephaestus 12 Dec 2012
In reply to lost1977:

You're all set! Superb. Now you just need plenty of photos of you supping ristrettoes in boho cafe's and looking 'tranquillo'.

I'm looking forward to updates, and some new Strava sectors describing your route between whichever chic watering holes you choose to frequent.
OP lost1977 12 Dec 2012
In reply to Hephaestus:

you'll be lucky i'm just going to me clocking the required miles maybe stopping in some cheap cafes to warm up
Talius Brute 12 Dec 2012
In reply to lost1977:

That site is hilarious. I hate Rapha and all the idiots who buy their sh1t.
OP lost1977 13 Dec 2012
In reply to Talius Brute:

i wouldnt have said Rapha was sh1t its just expensive/overpriced as with many companies like this it does attract a lot of tw*ts
 Henry Iddon 13 Dec 2012
In reply to lost1977:

Vulpine make really nice kit.

Quality without the bull.

http://www.vulpine.cc
OP lost1977 13 Dec 2012
In reply to Henry Iddon:

looks like its just as expensive as Rapha but not as pleasing on the eye (whatever floats your boat)
 Hephaestus 13 Dec 2012
In reply to Henry Iddon:

£95 for a hi-viz vest? Quote from Vulpine site:

COTTON VISIBILITY GILET
From £95.00 The Hi-Viz vest, surely the least attractive cycling garment yet invented. We have created a tailored, casual alternative that is form-fitting, practical but stylish.

•Casual Epic Cotton ™
•Water and stain-resistant
•Reflective outer seams

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...