Binding Mounting Edinburgh

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
macstinator 10 Dec 2012
Hi,

Does anyone know of anyone capable of mounting Plum bindings in the Edinburgh area?

Cheers.
 hexcentric 10 Dec 2012
In reply to macstinator:

Blues?
macstinator 10 Dec 2012
In reply to hexcentric:

maybe, but their service is not ideal - everything is shipped to Glasgow, and takes about a week.

Was hoping to avoid a trip to a UK stockist, ie Facewest!

Does anyone know how they are fitted, ie, is it the same jig as Dynafit?
Shearwater 10 Dec 2012
In reply to macstinator:
> Does anyone know how they are fitted, ie, is it the same jig as Dynafit?

If you're talking about Plum Guides, then yes... same jig as Dynafit Vertical/Comfort, but not Radical (which has a different toe layout). If you're talking about any of their other stuff (like the Yak or their teeny race things) then no.

You could try asking on Snowheads or Winterhighland; you can probably find some local skiiers on there who might have some useful suggestions.

If you were feeling brave you could always do it yourself > You could always have a practise run in a bit of scrap wood whilst you wait for any other suggestions for neaby techs!

terrarob 10 Dec 2012
In reply to macstinator: Does the Freeze Pro Shop not do their own drilling?
 r.king 10 Dec 2012
Freeze now stock Dynafit bindings so they should be able to help.
macstinator 11 Dec 2012
In reply to Shearwater: Far too scared to do it myself!

I have asked FPS, and, failing that, will try snowsportservices - is he open yet?

Cheers for your help peeps.
 Martin W 11 Dec 2012
In reply to macstinator:

> snowsportservices - is he open yet?

His web site says yes - but I've found his advertised opening hours to be more of a guideline than a rule...
 AG 12 Dec 2012
In reply to macstinator: craigdon mtn sports in perth are quite good.
In reply to macstinator: I'd go to Aviemore to either Mountainspirit or Cairngorm Mountain Sports.
macstinator 12 Dec 2012
In reply to nickinscottishmountains: Too far away.

Freeze Pro Shop look most likely to do it. A nice chap from Facewest concurred that they use the same Dynafit jig - which FPS have, as they are now stockists.
 digby 12 Dec 2012
In reply to macstinator:

No idea what Plum bindings are, but Hillend Ski Centre do mounting. Don't know if they are currently open or still do it though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...