Sherpa Adventure Gear

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jwa 06 Dec 2012
Does anyone have any personal experience with Sherpa Adventure Gear and the quality and performance of their items, in particular the men's Lithang jacket?

I could do with a jacket that stands out a bit more when out and about as a lot of my other outdoor clothing is dark and dull and the Lithang comes in red. In the video on UKC Neil Gresham keeps talking about it as an ice climbing jacket so am I heading for something far more technical than what I need? Will it offer much more than my North Face All Terrain Triclimate Jacket shell in terms of weight, packability and warmth?

I like the idea of supporting a company like this rather than one of the big brands. And I can get one a lot cheaper than most comparable items.
 Taurig 06 Dec 2012
In reply to jwa:

No experience apart from a fondle in the shop, but if you haven't seen it in the flesh I would try it and see if you get on with the hood. The peak is stiffened but it is still pretty floppy compared to most other brands. Not a huge issue if you're wearing it with a helmet though. Another tiny niggle is they don't use a 'fold over' chin guard. Otherwise I agree, it is substantially cheaper than similar climbing oriented jackets in a tough, 3 layer fabric and I would definitely consider it for my next one.
 Puppythedog 06 Dec 2012
In reply to jwa: I was given one of the lithang jackets in red when I won a comp. I haven't won it in anger but it looks the deal. I also have a North Ridge Jacket from GoOutdors to compare to. Both would almost certainly do anything I want to including ice climbing, hill walking etc. the difference is in the weight, the North Ridge looks more sturdy and a tougher construction but that could simply be that the Lithang is of better materials and quality.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...