Recommend me some decent, cheapish Bike Lights

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Grist 30 Nov 2012
Hi,
Can anyone recommend some decent lights to go off road in the winter? I don't want to spend hundreds of pounds as I can't see myself doing it very often. I was hoping to spend less than £100 if possible but get some brights lights good enough to do some trails near Manchester and perhaps Llandegna sometimes.
Are there any cheap import sites from China which are reputable?
Thanks mark
 Rubbishy 30 Nov 2012
In reply to The Grist:

I just ordered a set of the Magicshines.

http://www.magicshineonline.co.uk/?gclid=CL-Nnr-R97MCFSnJtAodFRoA_Q#/magics...

They are bright as next door's dog will attest to (once it stops walking into furniture).
OP The Grist 30 Nov 2012
In reply to John Rushby: Cheers. That looks the business.

Just out of interest does it get really hot if the bike is not moving? I ask because I could also take it night bouldering to light the boulder but don't want to burn the undergrowth or myslef when I pick it up.

dsh 30 Nov 2012
In reply to The Grist:

I got one of the T6 XML LED bike lights off ebay for £26.99, they're chinese made but had stock in Britain so came within the week. It's really bright but much cheaper than a magic shine. I use it down unlit country roads and can see fine, but never used it for more than 35 mins at a time so don't know how long it'll last.
 m1ke_smith 30 Nov 2012
In reply to The Grist:

Go on to the well known auction site and type in "Cree 1800". I've just bought one and its simply unbelievable for the money. £30 will sort you out a treat.
 Tall Clare 30 Nov 2012
In reply to m1ke_smith:

My partner's just got some of those (they come with front and back lights). Not *quite* as bright as the Magic Shine but they're still like WWII searchlights...
 Matt Schwarz 30 Nov 2012
In reply to The Grist: look on ebay for cree 1000 lights, same as magicshine, but £30!
 stewart murray 30 Nov 2012
In reply to The Grist: Cand be seen are good value for around £45. Uk supplier.
http://www.candb-seen.co.uk/bikehead-lights/cabs-02-series---cree-xml.html
 quirky 30 Nov 2012
In reply to stewart murray: another vote for c and b seen. Cracking light!!
 Big Rich 30 Nov 2012
In reply to The Grist:

Just done night riding module and would recommend looking as deals extreme, get a descent set of lights for well under £100.
macstinator 30 Nov 2012
In reply to The Grist:

The CREE lights on Amazon are the same as Magic Shine, but about £30. Phenomenally bright. We have a few in the house, and they piss on £200+ lights.
OP The Grist 30 Nov 2012
In reply to macstinator: thanks for all the replies. Plenty to look at now thanks.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...