Ruka in Finland info required

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
All the Gear, No Idea 30 Nov 2012
Anyone been to Ruka? need info on accommodation etc or just any info about the place, links, or personal experience

Thanks
 TobyA 30 Nov 2012
In reply to All the Gear, No Idea: I've skied there for a short day. It's fine, not very big but has some steep bits. The view is nice from the top. What exactly do you want to know?
All the Gear, No Idea 30 Nov 2012
In reply to TobyA: any cheapish hostel type stuff accom or is it all hotel/chalet or is there anywhere close, info ?I found is a little vague
All the Gear, No Idea 03 Dec 2012
In reply to All the Gear, No Idea: nothing then?
 TobyA 03 Dec 2012
In reply to All the Gear, No Idea: I was camping and staying in friends house, so no idea. I can't imagine its not all online though - Kuusamo is a small town by UK standards and Ruka is a village and a lot of people going there will be on package deals; so I imagine budget options will be limited - camping site often have wooden huts to rent though. They will be cheaper.
In reply to All the Gear, No Idea:

Stayed there 5 years ago. Good fun for a few days skiing, dog sledding etc. We stayed in the big hotel in the village (sorry cant remember name). Was functional though food was gopping. Remember we got a very cheap package deal.

There's also some chalets just outside the village which are a lot more homely but again, sorry don't have specific details.

It is fecking cold there in January!
All the Gear, No Idea 06 Dec 2012
In reply to featuresforfeet: cheers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...