Deals on Dynafit?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 DaveHK 26 Nov 2012
I know I know, not something you tend to see on sale but...

Thinking of swapping my Marker Barons for Dynafits so that i'm actually tempted to use the skis other than on lift served euro trips.

I've checked out Telemark Pyrenees and Sport Conrad but no stand out deals. Is there somewhere else I should be looking? Need a 100mm brake.

Ta
 blurty 26 Nov 2012
In reply to DaveHK:

Have you looked at Plum bindings?
 r.king 26 Nov 2012
In reply to DaveHK:
I spent a lot of time looking for a good price.
This is what I ended up ordering. Look Alti 12. Built by Plum, same as the Guide. Great price for what they are bearing in mind the lack of brakes.
 r.king 26 Nov 2012
In reply to DaveHK: Also http://www.ukhillwalking.com/forums/t.php?t=528731

Cant get a much better deal than those Trabs with FT12s on them.
OP DaveHK 26 Nov 2012
In reply to blurty:
> (In reply to Dave Kerr)
>
> Have you looked at Plum bindings?

Yes but they're not exactly the cheap option.
 r.king 27 Nov 2012
In reply to DaveHK:

Search on ebay 'look alti 12' and select all of Europe for location.
Tried to post the link but it won't let me.

An Italian shop is selling them for £200. I ordered them a couple of weeks ago and they arrived a few days later.

I don't fully know what the deal is with them, a few European shops have them on sale but it looks like it will be another season before they are officially released.
Shearwater 27 Nov 2012
Have a look here: http://www.snowinn.com/ski-store/bindings-dynafit/1002/65/x

Snowinn are a little slow, but I've done business with them before and been happy enough. I'd personally recommend the Speed Radical 2013 edition; it doesn't have the dynafit brakes (which are a bit crap, to say the least) and resolves the rotation issues that the Radical heel units have had.
Shearwater 27 Nov 2012
In reply to r.king:
> Search on ebay 'look alti 12' ...an Italian shop is selling them for £200.

Those are rebadged plum guides, and an absolute bargain at that price. Well worth it.
macstinator 13 Dec 2012
In reply to DaveHK:

So, my Look Alti 12's just arrived of eBay - £220 incl delivery.

ordered on Tues, and arrived to sunny Scotland this avo. They come with basic leases and the decal jig.

This is an absolute steal - some £150 cheaper than UK websites. Tackled some Dynafit crampons and G3 leashes from Telemark Pyrenees, and the heel stomps from Plum themselves, so, hopefully, once fitted, I will be struggling to put them on and busting out of them like the best of them!

Cheers for the tip, peeps. I am pretty glad I was instrumental in starting this forum!
 Simon Davis 13 Dec 2012
In reply to macstinator: Have you considered adding brakes? Link here to some upfit G3 brakes. Look like they cost about £60. Would complete the setup nicely

http://www.wildsnow.com/8690/aftermarket-g3-brakes-tech-bindings-dynafit-tl...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...