UKC

NEWS: Andy Kirkpatrick scoops 2012 Boardman Tasker

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 23 Nov 2012
Andy Kirkpatrick - Cold Wars, 4 kbCold Wars, the second book by Andy Kirkpatrick, has won the 2012 Boardman Tasker Prize for Mountain Literature.

He becomes one of only three authors to win the Prize on more than one occasion, following Paul Pritchard and Jim Perrin.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67631

ScottMackenzie 23 Nov 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Congratulations to Andy, really enjoyed the book. Highly recommended!
 The New NickB 23 Nov 2012
In reply to UKC News:

In other late news, Everest is climbed by Hilary and Tenzing.

Well done Andy, it is a great read and competition was very tough this year.
 Mark Collins 23 Nov 2012
In reply to The New NickB: Thanks, that made me laugh.
 Michael Gordon 23 Nov 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Great book, well deserved.
 Dave 88 23 Nov 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Well done to Andy, awesome book. Shame he's packing it all in but can't be easy making a living writing.
Removed User 23 Nov 2012
In reply to Dave 88:
> (In reply to UKC News)
>
> Shame he's packing it all in

He is? I must have missed this. Whats he gonna do?
 Dave 88 23 Nov 2012
 Michael Ryan 23 Nov 2012
In reply to Removed User:
> (In reply to Removed UserDave 88)
> [...]
>
>
> He is? I must have missed this. Whats he gonna do?

START HERE....

November 07, 2012 05:15 PM

I wrote the following words sat in Heathrow airport yesterday, waiting for my plane home. I'd probably prefer you not to read it, as the first half is really a big long pity party. Why stick it on my blog? Well like twitter I find it very therapeutic – a problem shared etc. When I got home and went to bed I slept for twelve and a half hours, so perhaps what I wrote was as much about being tired as anything else.

http://www.andy-kirkpatrick.com/blog/view/making_me

THEN FOLLOW UP WITH THIS....

November 15, 2012 10:24 AM

Went for my first job interview for nearly two decades yesterday, working for Lyon equipment doing training. Not sure if I got the job, but on the way home (via TGO awards - where some actor called Bear Grylles won personality of the year) someone tweeted asking what the job was, and I replied ‘Lyon Equipment (Petzl, Sportiva, Beal) - probably doing staff training. Being a climbing writer just didn’t work out for me, but it a shot!’ (last bit was meant to say ‘but I gave it a shot’). Arrived home past midnight and I saw a tweet from MyOutdoors on my phone ‘Shock news that top author Andy Kirkpatrick is to quit writing’ - which was pretty shocking, as I’d send that first tweet about two hours before, and seeing it like that? Well it was just pretty sad.

http://www.andy-kirkpatrick.com/blog/view/goodbye_to_all_that
 Jonny2vests 23 Nov 2012
In reply to UKC News:

He should at least consider full time comedy. Funnier than a lot of 'proper comedians'.
Removed User 23 Nov 2012
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKC and UKH:

Thanks. Though TBH Andy, if you read this, you aren't going through anything the rest of us haven't/won't. I know that's not particulalrly helpful but the shared experience of all of us over 40's must count for something?

Life ain't over at 40, yer dick doesn't drop off and you can still make progress. Hell, I didn't emigrate to Canada until I was 43.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...