Expedition & Alpine forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Trekking Companions

mypyrex - on 19 Nov 2012
I know that going on a company organised trek can be a bit problematic in that you are likely to find yourself in a group unknown to you and you might not get on with some(or worse - all) of them.

When I did EBC we met at the hotel in Kathmandu and we seemed to strike a rapport from the word go and we spent plenty of time laughing and joking together and "looking out" for each other.

Now I know I can be a curmudgeonly old b*****d at time but I do pride myself in at least trying to make allowances for others and being tolerant. However, this time round my efforts did not seem to be reciprocated by about four others. At times I actually felt excluded. One chap liked the sound of his own voice and thought he knew all there was to know about everything and seemed intent on arguing the toss and point scoring. The wife of one couple reminded me of Norah Batty. At Tatopani I happened to mention that I'd found the hot spring refreshing. Snappily she said "What was refreshing?" A fourth chap took it upon himself to tell me at one point how to pace myself.

I always try to tolerate others and "take the rough with the smooth". At no time was I aware of doing or saying anything unfriendly towards them.

Anyone else had similar problems on a group trek? How did you deal with it?
... not showing 8 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums