puncture proof tyres

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fredt 18 Nov 2012
I'd be grateful for some recommendations for puncture proof tyres.
For a mountain bike, but would like to put road tyres on, if they are as puncture proof as knobblys.
For a daily commute, so weight and cost not an issue.
I need the ultimate puncture free solution.

Thanks
Fred
 psaunders 18 Nov 2012
In reply to Fredt: Schwalbe Marathons. Superb tyres, very puncture resistant, they last forever, great on wet/gritty roads in winter and come in a wide range of sizes.
 Dan_S 18 Nov 2012
In reply to Fredt:

If it's for a mountain bike, had you thought of going tubeless and using a set of these?

http://www.specialized.com/gb/gb/ftb/cityurban-tires/multi-terrain-use-tire...

subalpine 18 Nov 2012
In reply to Fredt: for a budget option, i'm pleased with the Continental Tour Ride tyre for a little over 10 quid- no punctures yet..
In reply to Fredt: unless you want to run on solid rubber there is no such thing as puncture proof, just puncture resistant.

your best way to avoid punctures is to go tubeless but that won't get around the roge thorn of glass in the tyre.
 TobyA 18 Nov 2012
In reply to psaunders:
> (In reply to Fredt) Schwalbe Marathons.

I would specifically recommend the Schwalbe Marathon Plus. Done maybe 10,000 kms on mine with no punctures. What more can you ask for?

In reply to TobyA:

Another vote for the Schwalbe Marathons. I think mine are the "racer plus"

ALC
 shaggypops 18 Nov 2012
In reply to Fredt: conti sport contact.....yet to puncture, though now I've said that, I will no doubt get one tomorrow
 neil the weak 19 Nov 2012
In reply to a lakeland climber:
> (In reply to TobyA)
>
> Another vote for the Schwalbe Marathons. I think mine are the "racer plus"
>
> ALC

And another. 1 year, no punctures.
 Ian Broome 19 Nov 2012
In reply to Fredt: gaitorskins are very resilient for the commute. Wear well, and surprisingly grippy it the wet too.
1 puncture in 18 months
 the sheep 19 Nov 2012
In reply to TobyA:

> I would specifically recommend the Schwalbe Marathon Plus. Done maybe 10,000 kms on mine with no punctures. What more can you ask for?

Me too, superb tyre.

Mike Redmayne 19 Nov 2012
In reply to Ian Broome:

Yes, gatorskins are great, if you can get them to fit a mountain bike. I've had mine about 3 years and no punctures, despite regular London commuting.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...