Rock Anchors - testing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Simon Cahill 18 Nov 2012
does anyone have a copy of EN 959 2007, specifically section 5 test methods for anchors. I don't really want to spend £50 just to see how the UIAA like anchors to be tested! srcahill@gmail.com Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 ledifer 18 Nov 2012
In reply to Simon Cahill:
I don't but go to a library, or if you have your library card you can do it online. They usually keep loads of standards
OP Simon Cahill 18 Nov 2012
In reply to ledifer: That's a great suggestion, maybe I should have mentioned I live in the UAE so not so easy to get to a library or other usual information sources.
 scott titt 18 Nov 2012
Some stuff here on Jim's site, might be what you want http://www.bolt-products.com/Glue-inBoltDesign.htm and scroll to part 3
 muppetfilter 18 Nov 2012
In reply to Simon Cahill: Try Hilti, they do a great handheld unit that I have used before on window cleaners fall arrest eyebolts.

http://www.hilti.ae/holae/page/module/home/browse_main.jsf?lang=en&node...

something like the unit below but with only two legs.

http://www.hilti.com/holcom/page/module/product/prca_rangedetail.jsf?lang=e...

If you dont get any joy give one of the rope access firms based in Dubai as they will either have one to rent or be able to direct you to a supplier.
Removed User 18 Nov 2012
What are you trying to test. Is it current anchors which you want to carry on using; or testing to destruction to assess suitability?
In reply to scott titt: Hi Scott. A great document lots of good stuff but not what i was looking for.
In reply to muppetfilter: Thanks but I don't need the test gear I was looking for the document EN595 2007 section 5. I need to refer to it to write a technical report.
In reply to Removed User: Well EN595 2007 doesn't require an after installation test and the test to destruction would be a lab test in concrete. What I need to do is ensure the local boys here in the lab conduct the test as per EN595, ie correct concrete mix & cured to the correct strength (50Kn), I then need to be sure they pull the bolt at the correct angles. the only way for me to be 100% we get it right is see a full copy of section 5. I have the pictorials from the UIAA site but the wording (omitted due to copyright issues) hence £50 to confirm what we know. Naughty but a scanned copy would be nice.
 jimtitt 18 Nov 2012

Hi Simon
I can mail you a copy if you send me your private mail adress. It´s however in German but I can translate the relevant bit if you want later.
The test block has to be certified to ISO1920-3 and if I remember it is a 1 month cure time but that is something for the concrete guys, normally one just orders them from a concrete test place, there must be one in Dubai.

Jim

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...